Welcome to WindowsInstructed Forums

Welcome to the WindowsInstructed Forums

Sign-up for an account today to receive free malware removal help. Personal Windows help and much more. Or continue as a guest and ask any question you would like to ask us! Please do remember that being a member you get advantages like notifications of replies and faster replies from most members. Also members don't see ads ;) 

We hope to help you with your issues.

The WindowsInstructed Forums Staff

zip zap

Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete.

111 posts in this topic
On 21/12/2015 at 3:48 PM, Kris said:

Hello, Alex. :)

Can you please follow these instructions.

I would first like you to try a System Restore from the recovery console.  Choose a point well before the issue. You can get there by following the instructions below. If you are unable to complete a system restore then go ahead and get me the logs from FRST so that I can see what is going on with your machine. 

• On a clean machine, please download FRST 64bit or FRST 32 bit and save it to a flash drive. Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.
  • If you are using Windows 8 consult How to use the Windows 8 System Recovery Environment Command Prompt to enter System Recovery Command prompt. If you are using Vista or Windows 7 enter System Recovery Options. To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:
    • Restart the computer.
    • As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
    • Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.
    • Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
    • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
    • Select your user account an click Next.

Note: In case you can not enter System Recovery Options by using F8 method, you can use Windows installation disc, or make a repair disc. Any Windows installation disc or a repair disc made on another computer can be used. To make a repair disk on Windows 7 consult: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/2083-system-repair-disc-create.html To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:

• Insert the installation disc.
    • Restart your computer.
    • If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.
    • Click Repair your computer.
    • Select your user account and click Next.

On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options: Startup Repair System Restore Windows Complete PC Restore Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool Command Prompt Select Command Prompt Once in the Command Prompt:

• In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.
    • The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.
    • Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
    • In the command window type e:\frst (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64) and press Enter Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.
    • The tool will start to run.
    • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
    • Press Scan button.
    • It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your reply.

Like I say these instructions provide you with a way to get into the recovery console to perform a system restore, try that first. If you are able to perform a system restore then follow these instructions.

Help Us Help You. Information needed to assist. 

We will still need to check for any malware. If you are unable to perform a system restore then get me the logs from FRST via the instructions above. If you are able to run FRST in safe mode then that will be fine as well.

Hi

I cannot do a System Recovery, I even can't access to the BIOS, can you help me, is a HP notebook 15

2 hours ago, Guest Herminio Araujo said:

Hi

I cannot do a System Recovery, I even can't access to the BIOS, can you help me, is a HP notebook 15

Please start a new thread, also create a free account so you get a notification of replying.

Guys need help i have been using hp pc with windows 8 but today something happened when i wanted to start my pc it went blank and said that the automatic repair is starting then it show the repairing disks error and it would take an hour or so but it took me at least 7 hours what should i do

Why is my lenovo ideapad z510 i5 wont turn into login screen it keep stuck at loading screen and said scanning and repairing drive (D:): 100% completed

I had the same problem but you know what I did I just take the battery out of the computer and put it back in and once you didn't that it should say disk checking you'll want to skip that and go straight to your pc and run ccCleaner if your disk is full 

On October 7, 2015 at 3:17 PM, Yuri said:

Hello Alicia

When the repair starts, shut down your system by holding the power button for a couple of seconds, once it reboots, it should go into Advanced Repair Options. If it does not then repeat the steps again. Try for atleast 3 times. 

Does this allow you to access the recovery mode? If not, then let me know, if it does let me know and we'll continue

I have the same problem and i tried holding the power button which made the PC turned off, but still didnt fix my problem

On 6/20/2017 at 5:41 AM, Guest Still doesnt work said:

I have the same problem and i tried holding the power button which made the PC turned off, but still didnt fix my problem

Post FRST logs in order for me to help you.

On 12/21/2015 at 11:48 PM, Kris said:

Hello, Alex. :)

Can you please follow these instructions.

I would first like you to try a System Restore from the recovery console.  Choose a point well before the issue. You can get there by following the instructions below. If you are unable to complete a system restore then go ahead and get me the logs from FRST so that I can see what is going on with your machine. 

• On a clean machine, please download FRST 64bit or FRST 32 bit and save it to a flash drive. Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.
  • If you are using Windows 8 consult How to use the Windows 8 System Recovery Environment Command Prompt to enter System Recovery Command prompt. If you are using Vista or Windows 7 enter System Recovery Options. To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:
    • Restart the computer.
    • As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
    • Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.
    • Select your user account an click Next.

Note: In case you can not enter System Recovery Options by using F8 method, you can use Windows installation disc, or make a repair disc. Any Windows installation disc or a repair disc made on another computer can be used. To make a repair disk on Windows 7 consult: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/2083-system-repair-disc-create.html To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:

• Insert the installation disc.
    • Restart your computer.
    • If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.
    • Click Repair your computer.
    • Select your user account and click Next.

On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options: Startup Repair System Restore Windows Complete PC Restore Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool Command Prompt Select Command Prompt Once in the Command Prompt:

• In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.
    • The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.
    • Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
    • In the command window type e:\frst (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64) and press Enter Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.
    • The tool will start to run.
    • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
    • Press Scan button.
    • It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your reply.

Like I say these instructions provide you with a way to get into the recovery console to perform a system restore, try that first. If you are able to perform a system restore then follow these instructions.

Help Us Help You. Information needed to assist. 

We will still need to check for any malware. If you are unable to perform a system restore then get me the logs from FRST via the instructions above. If you are able to run FRST in safe mode then that will be fine as well.

Well, I have an issue. After following the instructions here up till "The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open." the next step is where the problem lies. I can't find 'Computer' in the File menu after selecting Open; furthermore, I don't know what a 'flash drive letter' is. Any help please?

I have a laptop and it says "Repairing disk errors.this might take over an hour to complete" i am very worried please help meeeeee

Im only 12!!!! And the laptop is about 2 years.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead