Welcome to WindowsInstructed Forums

Welcome to the WindowsInstructed Forums

Sign-up for an account today to receive free malware removal help. Personal Windows help and much more. Or continue as a guest and ask any question you would like to ask us! Please do remember that being a member you get advantages like notifications of replies and faster replies from most members. Also members don't see ads ;) 

We hope to help you with your issues.

The WindowsInstructed Forums Staff

sambone1122

Looking for help regarding low performance on high end pc

116 posts in this topic
On 9/2/2016 at 2:58 PM, vger said:

Ok thanks for the info.

Same here, I am really glad that you are sticking with this thread.  It is nice for us helpers to see things completed, makes us feel like we are not wasting our time. :):)

vger likes this

Alright so theres a pretty weird problem going on here.. Just got the new nvidia card, it wasnt defective, but when i went to uninstall my drivers with DDU it said that there were still components of the AMD driver installed from my the faulty card i returned. Its also detecting a VGA driver for some reason? i havent messed with anything in the bios that would change the gpu settings. When i try to do a clean uninstall of the drivers in safe mode i get an error saying ,

"A problem occurred in one of the module, send your ddu logs to the developer." If i try and manually uninstall anything nvidia related after that in the basic windows uninstaller, or revouninstaller, i get the same module type error saying "this program cannot be opened because of a module error" or something along the lines of that. 

So aside from that, i installed the card in my motherboard and booted up world of warcraft to find that the new card had made no difference in any of the problems im having, i played with it for a day and messed with a different settings in the nvidia control panel and my game settings and i was thinking maybe its a driver problem but i cant do a clean install of my drivers because of the error im getting in DDU. Even if i clean install the nvidia drivers with their software it doesnt fix it, but im pretty sure thats not a complete clean install of all the files.

Horrible pop ins everywhere, especially things like trees and the leafs on trees, little details on the ground and NPCS just pop in, theyre not fading in, its pop ins, i also get flickering shadows and crawling lines pretty bad. If my fps is anything other than exactly 60, it feels like im laggins super hard, and the settings in my nvidia control panel do not apply to my games unless its open and running in the backround of my computer.

So after i realized the new card had made 0 difference, the next morning i took it out to find that there was what looked like a pretty decent amount of electrical damage on it...Nothing melted or corroded but a lot of smudges from what looked like overheating or some kind of shortage. Im not sure if it was running hot or something but even my old card didnt have that many smudges on it and it looked like the pcie slot where the 8 pin connecter was connected to the card had damage around it or something.. This is leading me to believe i have a bad power supply? The card was factory sealed and i feel like i just threw 150 dollars down the drain.. coulda been worse because it was a cheap card but still, i really hope that newegg will take the return, im pretty worried about it though because they probably wont. My computer didnt damage the last faulty card i had either so im wondering why this happened. It mustve been running really hot or something. 

I also told you a while ago, about how when i used integrated graphics, everything looked horrible and blurry , with crawling lines everywhere. This still happens if i use integrated graphics, regardless of the new mobo. Which makes me feel like my cpu is shot as well as my power supply and possibly even defective ram.

So here i am, new motherboard works fine, cant buy a new gpu because it seems like my computer will just damage it. Im waiting to see if they will accept the return on the card , otherwise i threw 150 dollars down the drain and have to deal with two messed up gpus and a screwed up computer. And i feel like every part in my computer is broken. Cant even uninstall my drivers all the way either. Im just getting tired of spending a bunch of money and stressing out so much trying to fix all these problems, its pretty ridiculous. Probably just going to buy a new computer in a couple months.

Right now it would be cool if you could help me figure out the module error im having with my drivers, i have no idea why this would happen. Ill attach the logs from DDU from when it happened.

I feel like even at this point if i get a new power supply, its not going to solve all these issues because its pretty much guaranteed that there is damage to multiple pieces of hardware in my computer considering what just happened to this GPU after 8 hours. Its pretty frustrating.

no, but there are some small, smudgy looking marks right above the pci slot on the actual surface of the motherboard. looks like a little bit of damage from some over heating or electric damage, its not actually  burnt or anything though. there are a couple tiny arc marks though

like i said before in post,  i had an old power supply that was faulty, and ended up changing it out of my computer because my computer was constantly crashing, i always assumed any damage i had was from that old power supply. but now my computer damaged a new gpu so i dont really know..

6 hours ago, Guest sam said:

but now my computer damaged a new gpu so i dont really know..

The motherboard must be toast that is the only thing left... Sometimes it is just best to start from scratch and cut your loses.

hmm but my computer is performing like exactly the same as it did with the old motherboard, i havent noticed any difference. pretty weird

Yeah those arc marks are not a good sign...Never should be arc marks anywhere on the mobo..  Arc mark's indicate a possible power surge and the arc marks themselves can cause a power surge thru the mobo..

To be honest with you there is only so much that can be done online via  forum, it may be in your best interest to seek out a professional to diagnose your issue. There is only so much that we can do from miles away without having the machine in our hands. I want the best for you, and to be honest I would hate for you to spend any more money.
Take your equipment somewhere where they have the means to test it properly.

the new motherboard doesnt have damage on it, the old one does. thats why i replaced it. i dont know why my new motherboard would cause damage to a brand new gpu like that. Im kind of at the point where im just done troubleshooting and spending money and im just going to accept the fact that its broken and buy a new computer sometime in the next year or so. 

I am sorry that we did not come to a conclusion, but like I say I would hate to have you chasing your tail here. I like to tell people how it is. I would rather not cause you any grief.... Thanks for hanging in there and like I say sorry we were not able to help you solve your issue.

Oh yeah i totally understand, i just dont know a lot about hardware thats why i keep asking you guys. Its not the end of the world. I will buy a new computer within the next 6 months or so and give this one to my parents since it works fine for anything non game related. I appreciate you guys trying so hard and sticking with my on this problem, you helped get rid of a lot of smaller problems with my computer and made it quite a bit faster actually. Anyways, take care, and thanks once again ! :) 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead