Welcome to WindowsInstructed Forums

Welcome to the WindowsInstructed Forums

Sign-up for an account today to receive free malware removal help. Personal Windows help and much more. Or continue as a guest and ask any question you would like to ask us! Please do remember that being a member you get advantages like notifications of replies and faster replies from most members. Also members don't see ads ;) 

We hope to help you with your issues.

The WindowsInstructed Forums Staff

britta

lap top stuck on repairing disc errors

On 13/01/2017 at 11:53 AM, Kris said:

Run chkdsk /f /r from recovery console.

What if we can't get to the A run consol or anything along those lines as I've tried ever forums and every YouTube video on how to fix this same problem and if had not worked out for me I can't even get to the login page let alone the run console

Depends on what version of windows you are running.

http://www.howtogeek.com/220986/how-to-use-all-of-windows-10’s-backup-and-recovery-tools/

Beau I am heading off to sleep. I hate to leave you haning, but I will certainly come back to this thread in the morning. Please tell me what version of windows you r running so I can gather some instructions for you. :)

Beau likes this

13 minutes ago, Kris said:

Depends on what version of windows you are running.

http://www.howtogeek.com/220986/how-to-use-all-of-windows-10’s-backup-and-recovery-tools/

Beau I am heading off to sleep. I hate to leave you haning, but I will certainly come back to this thread in the morning. Please tell me what version of windows you r running so I can gather some instructions for you. :)

I am currently running windows 10 and just having the Reparinf disk errors. this might take over an hour to complete. 

With the link provided are you able to get into the recovery options?

Are there files you wish to retrieve from this machine?

Do you have your windows disk?

On 26/01/2017 at 9:44 AM, Kris said:

With the link provided are you able to get into the recovery options?

Are there files you wish to retrieve from this machine?

Do you have your windows disk?

When I tried no it didn't work, my laptop does not come with a disk reader on it and I do not have the windows disk, would it be best to go out and purchase a new windows disk and than just reset it basically?

I came here for the same issue.   Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete. This is a new laptop.  ROG Strix GL502VM-DB71 gaming laptop

Windows 10.

I also cannot get to the recovery screen. I tried F8. I tried to restart multiple times for advanced recovery mode to come up. I get diagnosing, then that above error message. I cannot get past it. It just sits there. I had this computer for about 6 weeks. I am super bummed. I bought it to learn 3d meshing. I am not super computer literate so I am hoping someone has a suggestion on how to deal with this? Also, if the original poster would return and tell me how she fixed it I would be so appreciative. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead